Doubling size and uniting global employees
A large manufacturer had committed to double its size and deliver its ambitious growth strategy by acquiring an even bigger rival that spanned 110 sites in 21 countries. Successful and speedy integration of the two businesses was vital. Employees would need to emotionally connect to the newly united organisation, see their place, and clearly understand the role they could play in making the integration a success.
Following in-depth Executive consultation, we co-created the integration Story, providing vital context and an inspiring shared purpose to unite the newly-formed leadership team. The day after the deal was signed, we delivered a spectacular top-260 event. As the first collective leadership gathering, the event needed to clearly communicate the acquisition in the context of the wider journey, excite them with the ambition, and gain commitment to deliver it. The event saw the story bought to life with stunning creative and well-rehearsed leaders at the helm.
- 100% of delegates agreed or strongly agreed that they had a clear understanding of why the acquisition had been made
- 100% of delegates agreed or strongly agreed that they clearly understood the journey
- 99% of delegates agreed or strongly agreed they felt part of a new, stronger business
- “Absolutely inspirational – makes me remember what the last few months of hard effort have been for”
- “Great to be together, with a positive drive and a lot of energy. The direction is there again”
6 lessons from Apple Events
What is there to say about Apple that hasn’t already been said? As a brand, as an organisation, as a lifestyle… for so long now, it has been held up...
3 steps to a healthy post-merger culture
Mergers and acquisitions are a science unto themselves: from defining an acquisition strategy, to negotiation, due diligence and implementation, the steps are many and each merit their own definition and...