Redefining service excellence in global hospitality
After decades setting the bar, a leading international hotel brand was out-dated and its international quality was patchy. Customer ratings and repeat bookings were in decline, growth was lacklustre, and pricing power was plummeting. The soaring power of loyalty programmes and peer-to-peer recommendation meant personal and value-added service was critical. Just one extra night per loyalty member a year would generate an additional $1.2 billion in revenues. To succeed, the global 144,000-strong workforce needed to deliver the finest hospitality in 540 properties.
“Our programme helped people build empathy with their customers. Within only six months of launching the pilot programme, hotels were reporting significant improvements.”
The leaders needed to catalyse a significant mindset shift to build a ‘first choice’ brand culture that realised the brand promise in customer interaction. Our programme piloted in nine hotels across Europe, America and Australasia – built around a Story that inspired people with a bold new vision of redefined customer service, emotionally engaged them in the brand experience, and helped people build empathy with their customers. Within only six months of launching the pilot programme, hotels were reporting significant improvements.
- A 10% rise in customer loyalty scores in the poorest performing hotels
- The highest JD Power ranking (industry guest satisfaction survey) for 13 years
- The highest guest ratings for six years
- Improved employee satisfaction and retention
- Improved employee understanding of the strategy
- Increased employee brand engagement
- Greater collaboration between teams
- An active ‘Blue Energy’ ambassador network of 12,000 employees meeting on a regular basis
Get in touch
Let's work together.Contact us